Service Account Manager - Lexington, MA
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Posted on: September 18, 2023
At UnitedHealthcare, we're simplifying the health care
experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to
quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of
people for the better. Come build the health care system of
tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable.
Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's
This position is full-time Monday - Friday. Employees are required
to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules
during our normal business hours of 9:00am - 5:00pm EST. It may be
necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
Our office is located at 95 Hayden Avenue Lexington, MA 02421.
- Proactively works with customers, AMT and business partners to
create and implement service and process improvements
- Ensures seamless, complete, and accurate Health Fair and Open
Enrollment activity for customers by coordinating enrollment
meetings and the ordering of enrollment materials. In partnership
with the SAE, ensures customers are well-informed and knowledgeable
about plan options
- Manage special projects on an as needed basis.
- Investigate and manage escalated claim/call/appeals issues
through root cause analysis and communicate outcome (in person,
telephonically or via written communication) to internal partners
or external clients.
- Serve as liaison between internal customers and external
customers to facilitate call and claim issue resolution and respond
- Simplify and personalize interactions with consumers and
clients to align with evolving service/quality expectations and
single point of contact demands. (Deliver simply great
- Track, trend and proactively review accounts for service
- Drive process improvement based on trend analysis.
- Identify and report system problems in relation with benefit
installation and interpretation.
- Complete adhoc report requests and analysis.
- Document and track all issues and activities accurately within
- Complete and deliver complex Performance Guarantee reporting to
internal and/or external customers.
- Create and deliver quarterly and annual service performance
- Create and deliver to Operations Account Manager quarterly
4-Block with overall client experience results.
- Represent UHC operations in communication to clients related to
new programs and enhancements to existing programs.-- Proactively
messaging to clients and Account Management Team.
- Drive excellence in service within organization and across
organization by providing feedback to Operations on service
- Attend Account Management and/or client meetings representing
call and claim and host and/or lead internal meetings with
operations leaders to share Voice of the Customer
- Lead service remediation efforts by creating action plan,
hosting meetings with internal and external partners, sharing
updates with UHC leaders and driving solution to
- Provide consultative support to strategic business partners,
assisting in delivery of services for new/existing business
implementation, i.e., engaging in conversations regarding past
experience or potential issues around benefit or claim
- Develop and deliver customer specific (benefit, claim, and
cultural) training to Transaction and Customer Care
- Support and/or host existing customer site visits.
- Would typically be responsible for a single, high profile
- Lead process improvement special projects and work teams for
dedicated client and potential global impact.
- Support in external customer audits e.g. operational
assessment, audit recommendation responses, hosting audit
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an
environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on
what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide
development for other roles you may be interested in.Required
- High School Diploma / GED (or
2+ years of experience building and maintaining an effective
customer service/relationship with assigned client
2+ years of-- experience-- educating and helping clients with
health-- insurance benefits and health insurance claims
2+ years of experience managing and/or leading projects
Ability to work full-time, Monday - Friday between 9:00am - 5:00pm
EST including the flexibility to work occasional overtime given the
- Knowledge of operational processes (UNET, CAMs, ISET, A4Me,
UES, and Behavioral Analytics etc.)
- 1+ years of public speaking experience
- 2+ years of experience as a Lead and/or Mentor
- Attention to detail
- Experience handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced
- Interpersonal and organizational skills
- Appropriate sense of urgency and ownership for resolving
- Demonstrated track record in building relationships internally
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Customer focused -- ability to gain credibility in a relatively
brief period of time
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to adapt to rapid change
- Ability to re-prioritize and manage tasks to support business
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Professional and polished demeanor
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier
lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We
believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location
and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life.
Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good
health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color,
historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We
are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and
enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health
disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority
reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group--is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Arlington , Service Account Manager - Lexington, MA, Executive , Arlington, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!