EMT - Emergency Medical Technician - Part Time
Company: Armstrong Ambulance
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job Description**Full time, Part time and Per Diem EMT
Openings****Sign-on Bonuses - $2000 for Full Time EMT, $1000 for
Part Time EMT****EMT Hourly Rate: $16-20 depending on experience,
plus shift differentials for overnight and weekend shifts, and
event detail rates.**We have openings at bases in Arlington,
Medford, Stoneham, Woburn, Waltham, Brighton, and Saugus.For over
seven decades, Armstrong Ambulance has set the standard for
emergency transportation in Massachusetts. We are a family-run
business committed to superior medical care, dependable service and
providing the most advanced equipment and vehicles available. We
are one of only a handful for ambulance companies in Massachusetts
to receive accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of
Ambulance Services. We are driven by the guiding principles of our
founder: hire the best employees, deliver compassionate care, be
innovative, and always provide great customer service.ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES for EMTs:
- Renders basic life support procedures to patients in a variety
of settings consistent with State and local operating
- Administers initial treatment at emergency scene and takes and
records patient's vital signs.
- Provide medical examination and screening of patients
consistent with company Protocols.
- Assists in extricating trapped victims and transports sick and
injured persons to treatment center.
- Properly loads, secures, and transports patients in accordance
with company policy and procedures.
- Observes, records, and reports to physician, patient's
conditions, and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant
- Directs and coordinates patient care, between inter-agency
(i.e. Fire and Police) personnel and other company employees.
- Drives ambulance to and from emergency and non-emergency scenes
in a manner appropriate to dispatch direction and to patient
condition, at all times considering due regard for the safety of
self and others. Operates the vehicle in accordance to any and all
applicable laws, rules, and company policies. Navigates by road
maps, directions, etc.
- Communicates with Physicians and other medical personnel via
radio or telephone.
- Communicates with patient, patient's family, others at the
scene and at the hospital in a courteous and professional manner at
- Completes and assists in the completion of necessary patient
and company paperwork in accordance with company policy and
- Completes vehicle and equipment checklists, and maintains
ambulances and other company vehicles and equipment in a clean and
efficient working order, and ensures ambulance is appropriately
stocked. This includes washing the vehicles at the end of each
shift. QUALIFICATIONS:Education and/or Experience:High School
Diploma or EquivalentCertificates, Licenses:
- Certification as an EMT in the Commonwealth of
- Certification in Basic Life Support CPR
- Valid motor vehicle operator license with satisfactory driving
- Successfully completes required training programs in Hazmat,
MCI Management (NIMS 100 & 700) prior to completion of classroom
orientation..Armstrong Ambulance Service is proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are
committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race,
color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender
identity or Veteran status.
Keywords: Armstrong Ambulance, Arlington , EMT - Emergency Medical Technician - Part Time, Healthcare , Arlington, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!