Company: Wayside Youth & Family Support Network
Posted on: March 19, 2023
COME DEMONSTRATE YOUR PASSION FOR CHILD & FAMILY EMPOWERMENT BY
JOINING THE WAYSIDE TEAM!At Wayside, you can expect to be part of
an inclusive, innovative, and equity- focused community that
approaches client care as a matter of social justice. Wayside is
one of Massachusetts' most respected child and family serving
agencies with program locations across Central, Eastern and
Northeastern Massachusetts serving more than 6,000 children, young
adults, and families each year.Wayside thinks of our employees as
whole people and invests in benefits to support employee
- Tuition, training & student loan reimbursement
- PTO Package: 3 Wellness Days (time off), 9 Paid Holidays, Up to
3 weeks of vacation (in your first year)
- A learning environment - free training institute with thought
leaders, CEU trainings & program trainings, etc.
- Financial health supports
- Equity focused medical benefits
- Teamwork atmosphere
- Career development support - a great place to grow your
career!!!Job Posting OverviewThe Nurse is responsible for the
oversight and implementation of the medical, health and medication
services of clients at an Adolescent Residential Campus. The
position requires flexible hours in order to meet all the resident
needs. Provide medical and health services delivery to all clients.
Performs Medical Risk Assessments within 24 hours of a client's
admission and makes all necessary recommendations for medical care
to the Medical Case Managers and Nursing reports medical incidents
to the Nursing Supervisor. Provide emergency triage, assess client
health and/or injuries when necessary. Works closely with the
Nursing Supervisor and Program Administrators and makes sure
clients conditions are medically managed for the duration of their
stay. Triages medical requests from Program Administrators and
communicates outcome to staff as appropriate on a daily basis.
Monitor medication administration compliance and oversees the
Medication Administration Error reporting by the Medical Case
Managers. Reviews all medical/medication incident report daily and
signs off on them. Follow up with Program Administrators and staff
on an as needed basis. Maintains communication with client's legal
guardian for all medical issues on a continual basis. Documents all
conversations in nursing notes.Minimum Requirements
- Minimum Education : Nursing degree
- Minimum Work Experience: At least 1+ years experience
- Licensure: Registered Nurse
- Certification: MAP, TCI, CPR, First Aid
- Perform Supervisory Duties : NoJob
Description/TasksTraining/Consultation: Conduct medication
trainings for staff. Collaborate with program for nursing needs
including health education/awareness groups. Provide education to
staff and guardians on conditions/ medications.Clinical:
Participate in On-call rotation for medical/medication issues.
Attend rounds. Provide nursing assessments. Triage nursing needs
and make appropriate referrals. Assist staff in training and
troubleshooting medication distribution issues. Work with Nursing
Supervisor to ensure all medical needs of Campus are completed
daily. Serve as nursing on call for after hours.Administrative:
Assist in writing policies as relates to MAP or NARCAN medication
administration. Responsible for medication transcription &
consents. Count & order all required medications. Assist staff with
medication portion of intakes & discharges. Obtain immunization and
PCP records.Care Coordination: Coordinate appointments with outside
collaterals.Clinical: Nursing on call on weekends for psychiatry
assistance. Document all medical needs, occurrences and
communication in appropriate locations including EMRCompliance:
Document medication errors.Customer Service/ Client Interaction:
Maintain professional relationship with collaterals and
- Demonstrates high quality customer service (i.e. ability to
connect with others, approachability, being respectful to others,
able to communicate with others at all levels, strong client
engagement skills, etc.).
- Demonstrates good clinical knowledge (i.e. strong Motivational
- Demonstrates good assessment and treatment planning
- Demonstrates ability to work with others (i.e. strong teamwork,
can collaborate and coordinate care with other staff).
- Demonstrates high quality writing skills as evidenced by good
- Demonstrates attention to detail (i.e. ability to give and
follow detailed and explicit directions).
- Demonstrates an ability to multitask.
- Demonstrates ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates dependability and persistence (i.e. excellent
follow through on assigned tasks).
- Demonstrates the ability to teach, mentor, and coach others
(i.e. able to provide constructive feedback).
- Demonstrates Beginner Excel skills (i.e. create
- Demonstrates knowledge of EEC licensure requirements and chart
documentation needs.Starting Salary - $65,000/yearSalary for this
position ranges from the "base" rate of pay (as listed above)-for
someone with the minimum required credentials.
Adjustments up from the base rate of pay could include such factors
as years of related experience externally, educational background,
years at another position within Wayside, needed language fluency,
and/or particular areas of expertise.Wayside welcomes equity-minded
applicants whose values align with our goal of being a child
welfare and behavioral health agency committed to anti-racism,
social justice, and advocacy. Successful candidates are asked to be
engaged in Wayside's dedication to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
Bilingual/bicultural and LGBTQ+ applicants are encouraged to
Keywords: Wayside Youth & Family Support Network, Arlington , Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Arlington, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...